Purchase this for the person who wants to hold and work on something real and functional, or for the calming effect of a soothing repetitive action
Handmade with macrocarpa wood it has a lovely woody feel and smell and make a nice fidget or fiddle activity
- This has been designed as a dementia/cognitive challenge activity
- The challenge is to match each nut to the corresponding bolt and tighten.
- This activity provides cognitive stimulation, using hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and problem solving.
- The feel of the wood and metal may help with recall, the smell of the wood is also a sensory stimulation.
- Another good way to introduce this activity is to ask the person if they could remove the nuts for you.
- The repetitive nature of twirling the screw down is good for adults who are low functioning.
- Higher functioning people can enjoy this activity too, set a stopwatch, or have a race to put on the nuts.
We would recommend the nuts be stored on the bolts when not in use, to avoid their inexplicable disappearance. Purchase replacement nuts
Always supervise anyone likely to put small objects in their mouth as these nuts could be a choking hazard.
Good for people living with memory loss or dementia, such as Alzheimers. Also for people with a brain injury.
Contact us with any questions
or for help with ordering: 09 600 3251
ReviewsRaiba, Summerset, LevinWe had one lady who would sit and twirl the nuts up and down, she found this to be calming and it helped control her anxiety.
Leave a Review
Warranty30 day money back guarantee. Products are in stock in NZ and we aim to courier products on the next business day. Contact us with any questions or comments.