This Simple Music Player is fantastic for music for elderly, those with memory loss, or anyone wanting a simple player
The Simple Music Player was designed specifically to be as easy as possible for someone with dementia to use.
Extensive trialing has verified that the operation is highly intuitive and does not require any prior knowledge or memory to start and stop the player.
- Easy to use: lift the lid to PLAY, use the big button to SKIP, close the lid to STOP
- Styling is reminiscent of old radios, so is instantly recognisable as something which plays music
- Music is well known to provide stimulation, encourage reminiscence and even inspire movement and dancing in people living with Alzheimer's.
- The dimensions of the player are 30cm x 19cm x 11cm
- Weight 1.7kg
- Plugs into the wall
- Can be used with headphones
- If you purchase the 100 Songs You Know By Heart CD with this player we will load it for you before sending.
Setting up the player (including volume) is undertaken by friends, family or carers, as a one time process.
- No software to install, just copy music files onto the music player via a USB cable (included)
- Supports MP3 files
- Capacity of 4GB, nearly 1000 songs.
See more information about how to upload files
Where do I get the Music for the Simple Music Player? If you have a CD drive on your computer you can copy music from CDs you already own. You can also download music from the internet to your computer and then move it to the SMP.
Here are some websites you can legally download music from in NZ to add to the Simple Music Player.
See the video tab above for basic operation and a second video showing you how to put music onto the player
Contact us with any questions
or for help with ordering: 09 600 3251
ReviewsRobin GreenfieldPrompt delivery much appreciated. A steep learning curve for the uninitiated to get music on to the machine. My computer literate niece is still trying to get music loaded. This is beyond my technical know how. The tone is pretty average but the simplicity of use superb.Hana
Simple music playerI love the design. The simplicity is exactly what's needed for my uncle with Dementia. The only hard part is getting MP3 files, cannot easily buy on Amazon in nz like you can in the states.Lisa
Simple Music PlayerI have long been looking for something my mother can play music on. She has Parkinsons and can no longer operate small devices, especially touch screens, nor can she retain the instructions on using these. Her face, when she opened the lid and the music began was simply priceless. She lives in a care facility, and both the staff and residents love this device. Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck are now keeping her and others company on a regular basis! A great find and well worth every cent.
Leave a Review
Warranty30 day money back guarantee. Products are in stock in NZ and we aim to courier products on the next business day. Contact us with any questions or comments.